Autumn is inching nearer, and her biggest fans are whipping out their collection of fall-flavored essential oils to celebrate. For these devoted followers, it’s all about Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger, and Wild Orange with pumpkin everything; and they truly have my best wishes as they commence celebrating! Chocolate lovers, on the other hand, have no set time of year to dive into their richest fantasies. The time to indulge is always now. It is, of course, possible to enjoy both pumpkin and chocolate together; but to dramatize this face-off we aren’t including any of those recipes.
Let’s get rolling with a rich protein snack by which you and your taste buds can experience dōTERRA® Copaiba; and be sure to stay tuned later this month for an in-depth look at this exotic Amazonian oil. Copaiba’s cell-supporting superpowers will be ever so easy to take advantage of when packaged into these powerful bites.
To make Chocolate Copaiba Protein Bites, you’ll need:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (nutella, almond butter, etc.)
- 3/4 cup protein powder, either plain or chocolate flavored
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 5 drops dōTERRA Copaiba, or to tastefall
- Add all ingredients except water and cacao nibs/chocolate chips in a food processor. Processuntil thick dough forms. If more liquid is needed, pour in the 1/4 cup water and process again. Dough should hold its shape. Next, pulse in the cacao nibs/chocolate chips to mix chocolatey bits throughout the dough. Using a heaping tablespoon measure, divide dough into about 20 equal portions. Roll into smooth balls and store in the refrigerator. Note: to pull these chocolate balls off as autumnal, serve them alongside some pumpkin bread. What a sly way to sneak both chocolate and Copaiba into a seasonal celebration
Pumpkin people, thanks for your patience; this next one’s for you.
To make your Taste of Autumn Smoothie, with enough to share or create small samples, you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not that sugary pumpkin pie filling, just pure pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 2-3 drops total of Wild Orange or Cinnamon Bark oil
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. If desired, get fancy with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon! Note: For a completely vegan recipe, replace milk and yogurt with one can of coconut milk, and be sure to use dairy-free whipped topping.
Together, these two recipes sure do hint at the beginning of a healthy fall make-and-take! Concoct them on your own to nourish your family, or make them with a small group of friends to whom you’d like to introduce dōTERRA. Which recipe wins the face-off? It’s entirely up to you to invite your oils into the kitchen and make that call.